Plastic waste made fun & easy
At Greenlands Festival on April 15, Plastic People are present on the Uilenstede Campus. Right next to the Plastic People, CollAction hands out free bins and bags for Uilenstede citizens. Furthermore, you can play games to win prizes, and ask us anything on how to start separating plastic waste. That's how CollAction makes plastic waste fun & easy!
Did you run out of transparent plastic bags? Get new ones for free at Sportcentrum VU, DUWO or VBU! Black bags get burned :(
Did you know
- Make your waste valuable by separating it! Separate your waste to prevent it from being burned or ending up in landfills. Help nature by enabling the municipality to recycle what you don't use anymore. Your tidy house can equal a happy planet!
- A big problem of recycled plastic is the smell originating from organic material. Therefore, clean your plastic a bit before you put it in your PMD bag and be careful not to put food in it. Furthermore, don't put kit/aerosols/paint cans in PMD, as these might explode in the machines
- Dutch people throw away 120kg of plastic every year
- Every municipality has its own waste policy. For example, Amstelveen collects plastic seperately from general waste (voorsortering), whereas Amsterdam puts everything on one big pile (nasortering)
- There are 4 worm hotels at Uilenstede that collect bio waste. If you want to sign up for one, send us a message
- Paper can be recycled and reused 7 times, aluminium cans indefinitely
- Making one can from raw materials uses the same amount of energy that it takes to recycle 20 cans
- Pizza boxes from the pizzeria should be placed in general waste due to the oil in the paper. Pizza boxes from the supermarket are suited for recycling
- It costs €130 (including taxes!) in NL to burn 1000kg of waste
- During 2020, more than 100 billion tonnes of raw materials were extracted from the Earth. 70% of all 2020 greenhouse gas emissions comes from extraction to end use of these materials
- 5 myths about separating waste by knapzak